Translate

Monday, April 28, 2014

A desperate blogger's letter to a friend




Dear Friend

I have never met you, know nothing about you. Yet I keep emailing you every weekend. Did this thought ever cross your mind, why do I write to you?

Well for reasons -
* I love speaking my mind
* I love telling stories,
* I need someone to listen,
And most importantly I belong to a breed of Pre-Facebook animals.

Facebook I cannot fathom.
You don’t exist if you are not on Facebook. Everyone is replacing emails with Facebook posts.
Why, my next door Johnny wanted to send me messages thru Face book. The bimbette from my old town was posting selfies dressed in every cleavage showing dresses in her wardrobe. I wanted to be in a group of people sharing similar thoughts and filter the rest out. But I didn’t know how to. May be the placid interface was too simple and it daunted me.

So comes Blogger and Google+ into my living space. Ah! Finally I got my prayers answered.
I happily went blogging stooping over my keyboard every Saturday afternoon.
Then all of sudden I was lost again.

Do people really read blogs? Are they seeing my posts?

Of the measly 20 page views how many were really read?
Confidence in my cognitive skills is now under a shadow of doubt. Without a single validation how do I know my perceptions are right? 

Where are those comments I see below posts with photos mesmerizing landscapes. Do people ignore posts unless with HDR photos?
20 odd photos from my last year's holiday were all used up by my second post.
These people must be great globe trotters. I have not even moved out Gujarat leave alone the country.
Where do I get ‘heart turning into a rose’ GIFs?

So I take blogging lessons.

*”Write short”-
 I cannot, I am a talker!

*”Write intelligently”-
I do- I am a sapiosexual, I really am!

*Make it visibly interesting with bold & colored text”-(don’t write ‘and’ Use ‘&’......)
I plastered my post with rainbow colored texts! Use symbols. (Mrs. Roy must be cursing me from her grave. I was never her favorite student anyway!)

”Put images”-
I inserted Scarlett Johansson’ picture too!
But nothing helped.

So let Google+ may rule the world, I will stick to simple emails, content and happy with the assurance you will read them.

You may ignore them, mark them as spam.
But I have seen thousand cats die. Curiosity always wins.

Are you a dead cat by now?

Have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment